Are you the type of person who loves to be on trend? Are you constantly on the lookout for the latest electronics, fashion or food? If so, why are you still using traditional supplements? If you want to discover the new technology taking nutritional supplements by storm, be sure to check out liposomal vitamin C.
Liposomal vitamin C is a real wonder of pharmacology and nutrition. This new formula maintains all the nutrient’s benefits while providing it with a more stable structure and improving its absorption. You don’t believe us? In that case, don’t miss our new article. We’ll give you four reasons to opt for this innovative form of vitamin C.
- Liposomal vitamin C preserves all the benefits of the nutrient. In addition, it is better absorbed and goes directly to where our body needs it most.
- This means that liposomal vitamin C supplements are more effective and offer better value for money than more traditional products.
- Sundt’s liposomal vitamin C is hypoallergenic, vegan and suitable for coeliacs. Follow the instructions of use, preferably under the supervision of a health care professional.
4 Reasons to Take Liposomal Vitamin C
Also known as ascorbic acid, vitamin C is one of the most popular compounds in the world of nutrition. This molecule allows us to have a strong immune system, glowing skin, and healthy energy levels. In most cases, nutrition experts recommend consuming 60 to 90 mg of vitamin C per day (1, 2, 3).
If you can’t meet these requirements through a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, you can prevent vitamin C deficiency by using nutritional supplements. In that case, liposomal supplements may be more effective than non-liposomal or “unencapsulated” vitamin C products:
|Traditional Vitamin C Supplements||Liposomal Vitamin C Supplements|
|Lower absorption rate||Higher absorption rate|
|Slowly build up vitamin C reserves||Replenish vitamin C reserves faster|
|Antioxidant properties||Combines the benefits of vitamin C with those of liposomes|
|Poor value for money||Excellent value for money|
The body absorbs liposomal vitamin C supplements better
When you take traditional vitamin C supplements, large amounts of ascorbic acid are released into your digestive system. However, the absorption of the nutrient by this route depends on a number of transporters or “gateways” in the digestive tract.
Unencapsulated vitamin C supplements release a large amount of ascorbic acid that blocks these transporters. As a result, more than half of the vitamin C you consume through traditional supplements will be lost. That’s a shame! (4, 5, 6)
Luckily, liposomal vitamin C has come to save the day! Using state-of-the-art pharmacological techniques, we have been able to create tiny “bubbles” using a material very similar to our cell membranes.
Known as liposomes, these compounds are used to encapsulate and transport ascorbic acid. The vitamin C doesn’t have to wait for these “gates” or transporters, but can pass through the barriers of the digestive tract and directly into the bloodstream. In other words, we have reached an unparalleled level of absorption! (7, 8, 9)
Liposomal vitamin C nourishes cells from within
If you want to recover from an ascorbic acid deficiency quickly, liposomal vitamin C supplements may be a better option than traditional supplements. By passing through the body’s barriers with ease, they enable the nutrient to be directly delivered to your cells.
That way, the body’s vitamin C concentration is increased more effectively than it would be with a non-encapsulated product. This is all thanks to liposomal technology! (8)
Liposomal vitamin C combines the benefits of ascorbic acid and phospholipids
If you use ascorbic acid supplements properly, you will keep vitamin C deficiency at bay. In fact, you will benefit from the following:
- Glowing skin: Vitamin C is essential for forming collagen, the protein that gives our skin elasticity and firmness. In addition, ascorbic acid has an antioxidant role, preventing pollution and contamination from damaging the skin (1).
- Strong defences: Having adequate levels of ascorbic acid allows our defences to fight off germs effectively (10).
- A healthy heart: Did you know that the antioxidant effect of vitamin C could protect your arteries? This nutrient could prevent some of the bad cholesterol from being deposited in your blood vessels (11).
- Good energy levels: Ascorbic acid is an essential compound in metabolism. When found in the right concentrations, it helps your body process food more efficiently and provide you with the energy you need for everyday life (2, 12).
As if that weren’t enough, the liposomes in your supplement can also be a source of nutrition and health. The phospholipids in these compounds could give you an extra supply of vitamin E and molecules with anti-fatigue properties. In short, you get two supernutrients for the price of one!
Liposomal vitamin C offers superior value for money
If you pay attention to the price of your supplements, you may have noticed that liposomal vitamin C tends to be slightly more expensive than traditional products. However, this small difference is quickly compensated when you consider the following characteristics of this supplement:
- The body absorbs liposomal vitamin C much better than traditional vitamin C.
- In addition, liposomal vitamin C is more effective in combating ascorbic acid deficiency.
- As a result, you will need less liposomal vitamin C to achieve the same results.
In other words, you might be able to forget about this nutrient for a while if you opt for liposomal vitamin C. You’ll be able to boost your ascorbic acid levels effectively and reliably, allowing you to get the most out of your purchase. So, don’t be intimidated by that small initial investment!
What Should I Consider Before Buying Liposomal Vitamin C?
Are you thinking of giving a liposomal vitamin C supplement a go for the first time? If so, we suggest you pay close attention to the following questions to help you choose and use these products properly!
What ingredients does my supplement contain?
Ascorbic acid. It goes without saying that we cannot create a vitamin C supplement without ascorbic acid! If you care about your well-being, we recommend that you opt for a brand that manufactures ascorbic acid safely, without resorting to pesticides, harmful chemicals, or undesirable ingredients.
Phospholipids. Liposomes are not made of fat but of phospholipids, a delicate material similar to that of the cell membrane. If you want a supplement with the actual “bubbles” that encapsulate vitamin C, look for the terms phospholipids, phosphatidylcholine, or lecithin on your product’s labelling (13). Stay away from fake products!
Other ingredients. A good liposomal vitamin C supplement should only contain a few high-quality ingredients, such as purified water. Don’t spend your money on products with hundreds of ingredients that are unhelpful or may even negatively affect ascorbic acid function.
Fortunately, Sundt offers you a liposomal vitamin C supplement that meets all of these conditions. If you want to enjoy a product of the highest quality, give Sundt a go; you won’t regret it!
Can I supplement if I have coeliac disease?
Unfortunately, many liposomal or traditional supplements contain gluten. But if you have coeliac disease, don’t give up! Sundt’s liposomal vitamin C product is gluten-free, so you can take it with complete peace of mind.
Is my supplement vegan?
Yes, we know that liposomes imitate cell membranes; however, no animal is harmed in order to create these transporters. Today, we can use soya or sunflower extracts to produce liposomes in a totally cruelty-free way. Sundt’s liposomes are 100% vegan-friendly!
How do I use these supplements safely?
While liposomal vitamin C is a fairly safe supplement for healthy, non-pregnant adults, there are a few key points to keep in mind to make the most of it safely:
- Do not exceed the recommended dose: Too much vitamin C could upset your stomach or even increase your chance of suffering from certain diseases, such as kidney stones (2).
- Pay attention to your medication: Are you taking treatment for any chronic disease? If so, make sure you discuss this supplement with your doctor before using it. Unfortunately, vitamin C may interact with some drugs, such as statins (cholesterol medication).
- Trust your physician: Before you start using any food supplement, we recommend that you consult your doctor to find out if it is the right choice for you. As mentioned above, this is especially important if you suffer from any chronic disease (2).
Liposomal vitamin C is a true supplementation revolution. This innovative supplement will allow you to get the most out of what ascorbic acid has to offer. In addition, it will also improve your body’s absorption of the molecule, allowing you to benefit from better value for money than with traditional products.
If you’re considering taking liposomal vitamin C supplements, we recommend Sundt products. They are manufactured to the highest quality standards and will help you get all the benefits of vitamin C and phospholipids. What are you waiting for?
What do you think of liposomal vitamin C? Do you think it’s more effective than non-encapsulated vitamin C, or do you need more proof? Leave us a comment below, and feel free to share your opinion on social media!
(Source of featured image: Dolgachov: 47960487/ 123rf.com)